Thanks to my In-Laws, we now have a piece of lawn furniture!! Up until now my guests have had to be content to sit at our picnic table or on the lawn. I'm an on the lawn, butt with the beetles, kind-o-girl....but I have been wishing recently that I could make my company a *little* more comfy. This piece does the trick with some serious style. Take a look at this bench:
Isn't she gorgeous??!! This is an old park bench from about 1875. When we got her she needed a lot of work but, hey, that's what spray paint is for. I would have used a metal bristle brush on her but I was concerned about lead paint AND....she was in really great shape for her age. I gave her two coats of primer and two coats of glossy satin finish spray paint. I am in LURVE.
Speaking of style, I have just been awarded the Beautiful Blogger award from Robin at the T-Shirt Diaries. Cool beans, huh? Thanks Robin!!
For this award I need to tell you 10 things about myself....
1. I'm a middle child.
2. I turn to sappy romance novels for a pick me up.
3. Big-time picky eater. Go ahead, TRY and make me eat that tuna casserole.
4. I mow the lawn while singing Disney songs at the top of my lungs.
5. I have no compunctions about speaking my mind.
6. I usually put my foot in my mouth in social situations.
7. My favorite Blizzard is Chocolate Extreme with twist ice cream.
8. I once stabbed an ice skate into my leg by accident.
9. During my first ever slow dance, I was so nervous I was trembling. He told everyone the next day. :\
10. Okay.... I really **DO** think your Tractors sexy.
I'm Passing this on to:
Melissa @those northern skies
Heather@ My Frugal Family
Annie @ Adorkable Annie
Sarah @ Nap Time is Craft Time
Congrats!! Hope all of you have a lovely 4th!!
Here are some parties I linked up to: