Here's one of my versions of an Autumn wreath. Pretty simple!! I loved using leather....I think the color and texture is perfect for fall. In fact, the straw floral wreath was a great choice too....all the materials used in the making of this wreath have been certified by the Reminiscent of Autumn council. :-)
To make this Wreath You Need:
Straw Floral Wreath
Dark Leather Cord
Light Leather piece
- Begin by wrapping the leather cord around the wreath. Spiral it around until the begging and the end of the cord meet and then use the hot glue to pin them to the back of the wreath.
- Make some figure eights with a long piece of leather cord and glue the center of all the pieces down to a portion of the wreath. Glue and acorn in the center of that, making it look like a little bow.
- Cut some leaf shapes out of the light, soft leather and glue a small piece of the dark leather down the center of it, making it look like the stem. Make 5 of these.
- Take the stems of all five of the leaves and gather them at the ends. Glue them underneath the acorn bow.
- Take one more piece of leather cord and coil it up, making a big spiral. Glue this over the stem ends to cover the up and add a little embellishment.
There you go!! I almost don't want to display on my door. I can just imagine this on my coffee table. Of course, the straw pieces scattered all over the house would drive me bonkers. Danny, the cat would adore it. :-)
Keep an eye out in the next couple of days....I'm gonna be hosting a giveaway from CSN!!
Here are the parties I linked up to, check them out and be inspired!!