I was recently asked if I wanted to do a review for CSN Stores in exchange for a gift certificate. This is the ride-on toy I picked out as a present for a friend's baby. Looks pretty fun, huh?
Here's What I Like:
- It's a Little Tikes Brand (known for their durability)
- Two modes of operation: Rocking on base and Scooting
- Ease of assembly
- Quick shipping from CSN!!
- Bright Colors
- Inspirational theme (you're 1 and ALREADY riding on the school bus?!?!) ;-)
- It's for ages 12-36 Months....but I think it could easily be used well beyond that
Here's What I Don't Like:
- Not many interactive parts on the Bus, it's a simple design (which can be a GOOD thing)
- Limited rocking range
The child I gave this toy to just turned one year old, and this toy is something that he is *just about* developmentally ready for. I think this skewed the review a bit. If my munchkin had had a chance to play on it, I know it would have seen a LOT more use. This baby had also received a couple of other ride-on toys that had many more gadgets than the bus, and held his interest more. However, I think a lot can be said of simplicity; it leaves more to the imagination and doesn't overwhelm the senses as easily. Too many gadgets, in my mind, can be too much for little kiddos.
This toy would be perfect for those of you whose children like to be moving, those who are easily overwhelmed by too many gadgets, and those parents who are looking for a toy that's a little more quiet than others. :-) This is the type of toy that will be used diligently by toddlers, by riding/rocking on it, and even incorporating into their play.
If you're interested in buying the toy